GEORGANN EUBANKS: THE MONTH OF THEIR RIPENING | MAY 17-18
with Illustrator Carol Misner
Join The Month of Their Ripening author, Georgann Eubanks, and illustrator Carol Misner, as they share their North Carolina seasonal food memories with you, and the beautiful drawings from each chapter-with May's food being Softshell Crab! Live music in the main house will add great energy to this fun weekend event.
Open to the public:
- Kickoff the weekend with Georgann and Carol's Book Signing at Acorns Friday 11 am - 1 pm with complimentary cocktails. Located at 212 S. 4th Street.
- On Friday and Saturday evening's arrival at Half-Mile Farm you'll have something extra special to sip on with Prosecco Plum Cocktails.
- Friday evening brings a Ramped Up Social Hour, as Georgann inspires Half-Mile Farm's Chef Jason to enhance our complimentary hors d'oeuvres with house pickled ramps, strawberries stuffed with fig preserve and goat cheese, and oysters on the half shell.
- On Saturday morning, it's a breakfast to remember with Chef Jason's Ramps and Taters, and Softshell Crab BLT's with Herb Mayonnaise--hosted by Georgann and Carol, and all included in your rate.
- Saturday evening brings another Ramped Up Social Hour. Mingle over appetizers as Georgann shares her favorite North Carolina edible memories and hosts the "The Month of Their Ripening" book signing. Chef Jason will once again work his magic on the complimentary hors d'oeuvres with foods to complement this weekend.
- Carol Misner's illustrations from each chapter will be on display throughout the weekend, making it a true The Month of Their Ripening celebration. Purchase your favorite to take home as a momento.
- Stop into J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern for a special Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail and Fig and Rocket Salad available for purchase during the weekend.
GEORGANN EUBANKS is the author of the three volume North Carolina Literary Trails series of guidebooks commissioned by the NC Arts Council and published by UNC Press. Her latest book is The Month of their Ripening: North Carolina Heritage Foods Through the Year (UNC Press, 2018), named one of Garden and Gun magazine's 18 Must Reads for September, 2018.
CAROL MISNER There is no mistaking Carol Misner's botanical paintings. Each is her unique interpretation of flora, in monochromatic tones, reflecting the simple beauty, gracefulness and fragility of the botanical it portrays. Ms. Misner so delicately layers her acrylics to achieve a diaphanous, gossamer quality that it has been said her works resemble X-rays in watercolor. The majority of Ms. Misner's subjects come from the beautiful flora she finds in her community and in her travels.
Book your weekend at Half-Mile Farm. Call 855-271-7246.