GEORGANN EUBANKS: THE MONTH OF THEIR RIPENING | MAY 17-18
with Illustrator Carol Misner
The Month of Their Ripening author, Georgann Eubanks, and illustrator, Carol Misner, will be visiting us from their homes in North Carolina to bring their seasonal food expertise to our guests for the weekend.
- Guests arriving Friday and Saturday evening will have something extra special to sip on with a champagne arrival cocktail
- Friday evening brings a Ramped Up Social Hour, as Georgann inspires Half-Mile Farm's Chef Jason to enhance our complimentary hors d'oeuvre offering with pickled ramps, figs, herbed goat cheese, oysters and plums.
- On Saturday morning, it's a very special Breakfast Menu Item. Join Georgann and Carol for some amazing soft shell crab, and other favorites for your breakfast--all included in your rate.
- Saturday afternoon, stop by for some fun camaraderie at "The Month of Their Ripening" book signing.
- Saturday evening brings another Ramped Up Social Hour, as Chef Jason once again works his magic on the complimentary hors d'oeuvres to include pickled ramps, figs, herbed goat cheese, oysters and plums.
- Half-Mile Farm will display Carol Misner's prints for purchase throughout the weekend, making it a true The Month of Their Ripening celebration.
- The J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern will offer a special Fig Old Fashioned Cocktail and Fig and Rocket Salad for purchase throughout the weekend--accompanied by live music in the warm ambiance of Half-Mile Farm.
GEORGANN EUBANKS is the author of the three volume North Carolina Literary Trails series of guidebooks commissioned by the NC Arts Council and published by UNC Press. Her latest book is The Month of their Ripening: North Carolina Heritage Foods Through the Year (UNC Press, 2018), named one of Garden and Gun magazine's 18 Must Reads for September, 2018.
Book your weekend at Half-Mile Farm. Call 855-271-7246.