Fun, Free and Flavorful Experiences at Half-Mile Farm through April, including special hosts on multiple weekends.
Our Linger Longer promotion also runs through April, which means you can add a third night free (Sun-Thu) enjoy a 4 pm checkout (Sun-Thu), sip complimentary mimosas with breakfast and take in a massage in our new Serenity Suite.
Half-Mile Farm Hosted Weekends Include...
BOURBON AND BACON WEEKEND WITH THE BENTONS | MARCH 1-2
"The King of Pork", Allan Benton and his talented wife, Sharon, will be visiting us from their home in Tennessee to bring their celebrated brand of hospitality and deliciousness to our guests for the weekend.
- On Saturday morning, it's Breakfast with the Bentons. Join them for a kitchen takeover, where they'll be cooking up some of their Smoky Mountain Country Hams, along with Sharon's biscuits and gravy and other favorites for your breakfast -- all included in your rate.
- Saturday afternoon, settle in for some fun camaraderie with an "At Home with the Benton's" food demonstration and fireside chat.
- Saturday evening brings a Bacon and Bourbon Happy Hour, as the Bentons once again work their magic on the complimentary hors d'oeuvres, including tasty creations with Allan's famous bacon.
- The J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern will offer a special bourbon flight for purchase throughout the weekend, making it true Bacon and Bourbon Weekend with the Bentons-accompanied by live music in the warm ambiance of Half-Mile Farm.
CRAVE-WORTHY CORNBREAD AND BUTTERMILK CREATIONS WITH SHERI CASTLE | MARCH 8-10
What could be more Southern than cornbread and buttermilk? And who could create more ways to make, bake, blend, and twist it up than southern-favorite, Award-Winning cookbook author, chef and storyteller, Sheri Castle? We're talking about a full weekend of deliciousness, including... At Friday Evening Social Hour, an Assortment of Hoecakes topped with:
- Buttermilk Ricotta and Smoked Trout
- Pulled Pork Barbecue and Slaw
- Butter Bean Hummus
Specials at J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern, available all weekend
- Individual Tamale Skillet Pies
- Wedge Salad with Herbed Buttermilk Dressing, Crisp Bacon, and Black Pepper Cornbread Croutons
Special Breakfast Course
Mango and Buttermilk Smoothies
Afternoon Demo, Discussion, and Degustation
- Perfect Appalachian skillet cornbread, paired with chilled farmstead buttermilk (Sheri will be bringing some of her family's home-ground heirloom cornmeal)
- Cornbread Panzanella
- Cornmeal Pound Cake with Macerated Fruit and Homemade Buttermilk Ice Cream and/or Blackberry-Buttermilk Sherbet
As Sheri puts it, she is "fueled by farmer's markets, excellent bourbon and pursuit of the right word," as she connects with everyone around her with clarity, insight and humor.
From breakfast Saturday morning, the experience builds with fun food chats, book signings and a tasty evening social hour. The Crave-Worthy Cornbread and Buttermilk Weekend with Sheri Castle will delight, amuse and satisfy-both you and your palate!
SWEET, SAVORY AND OH, SO SOUTHERN! WITH AMANDA WILBANKS | APRIL 5-6
Just a look at Amanda's blog tells you why this is a can't-miss weekend at Half-Mile Farm. Amanda started the Southern Baked Pie Company (formerly Buttermilk Pie Company) in Gainesville, Georgia in 2012. With family recipes and Southern charm, Amanda and her team of bakers create gourmet sweet and savory pies for all of life's special occasions and celebrations.
- At Friday evening's Social Hour with live music, melt into the warmth of Amanda's Southern charm as you get to know your host for the weekend.
- Amanda's kitchen takeover on Saturday morning will feature a choice of Sausage Onion Quiche or Spinach Mushroom Quiche and a few other Southern Baked surprises.
- An afternoon tasting and book signing will bring you up close and personal with Amanda. Southern Baked and other products will be available for purchase throughout the weekend.
- During Saturday evening's Social Hour with live music, the complimentary hors d'oeuvres will include both sweet and savory samplings. Think Tomato Pie, Beef Stroganoff Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Fresh Coconut Pie and Buttermilk Pie, just to name a few!
Book your weekend at Half-Mile Farm. Call 855-271-7246.