OLD EDWARDS PURCHASES THE INN AT HALF-MILE FARM
Included for every guest of Half-Mile Farm is:
- A chef-made breakfast each morning in the dining room at Half-Mile Farm, a hallmark of the Half-Mile Farm brand
- Fresh-baked cookies every day in the living room at the farmhouse
- An afternoon social hour with complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres
- A complimentary 24-hour refreshment center
- An outdoor heated mineral pool on property
- A private lake with canoes for guest use
- Discounts at Acorns, Acorns on Church, The Spa Boutique and The Golf Shop
- Access to the fitness center at Old Edwards Inn and Spa
- Guided hikes from Old Edwards Fitness Center
- Access to golf at Old Edwards Club
- Access to Art's at the Lodge, a coffee shop and cocktail bar at Old Edwards
ABOUT OLD EDWARDS INN AND SPAOld Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands-a cultural mountain village that offers pristine mountain recreation, world-class dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation's top golf courses. The European style resort features three spectacular outdoor heated mineral pools, world class spa, award-winning, farm-fresh dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and hand-selected antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces-some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, valet parking, twice-daily housekeeping, Frette linens, plush robes and slippers, Molton Brown amenities, rainfall showers, heated-marble bathroom floors, in-room safes and free Wi- Fi. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also features a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes on the fun and scenic southwest plateau of North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains. For more information, visit http://www.oldedwardsinn.com.
- 2015 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #5 Hotel in The United States
- 2015 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #6 Hotel for Romance in The United States
- 2015 Business Insider Best Hotel in North Carolina
- 2014 Condé Nast Traveler's Readers Choice Awards #4 Top Hotel in The United States
- 2014 Condé Nast Traveler's Readers Choice Awards #45 Top Hotel in The World
- 2014 Condé Nast Traveler's Readers Choice Awards #2 Top Hotel Spa in The United States
OLD EDWARDS REOPENS HALF-MILE FARM AS A LUXURY COUNTRY INN FOLLOWING RENOVATIONS
OLD EDWARDS REOPENS HALF-MILE FARM AS A LUXURY COUNTRY INN FOLLOWING RENOVATIONSJanuary 8, 2016 (Highlands, NC) Following Old Edwards' purchase of Half-Mile Farm in 2015, the company conducted renovations and enhancements over the winter to bring it in line with Old Edwards standards (see list of renovations below). Half-Mile Farm by Old Edwards is now open for booking weekends through mid-March and then fulltime going forward.
Interior and exterior renovations include:
- Fresh paint throughout the property, both interior and exterior
- New Frette bed and bath linens and new pillows
- New Kingsdown mattresses in every room
- Antique Persian rugs
- New draperies with blackout liner
- The slate patio re-set with mortar for a more pleasurable walking experience
- Expanded and enhanced exterior arrival area with added porte cochère and parking
- New lamps and a partial replacement of furnishings in guestrooms
- Replacement of gray gravel with caramel-colored pea gravel along the drive and in parking areas
- Plush robes and slippers in guestrooms
- Added safes in every guest room
- Larger, wall mounted TV's in most rooms
- New furniture on patios and pool deck
- A heater installed in the swimming pool
- New roofing
- New shutters
- Refurbished hardwood floors
- A paved and widened entry to the property on Half-Mile Farm Road
- New furnishings and art in the lobby
ABOUT OLD EDWARDS HOSPITALITY GROUP (OEHG)OEHG owns and operates three resorts and inns in Highlands, North Carolina, including restaurants, special events venues and Old Edwards Club, a private golf club accessible to guests of all three properties.
NEW ENHANCEMENTS SCHEDULED AT HALF-MILE FARM OVER THE WINTER
NEW ENHANCEMENTS SCHEDULED AT HALF-MILE FARM OVER THE WINTER Closed for Renovations November 1, 2016, through May 31, 2017October 6, 2016 (Highlands, NC) Half-Mile Farm will close from November 1, 2016, through May 31, 2017 in order to complete some enhancements and additions to the property. Planned improvements include:
- Building an additional dining room off the back of the living room to help accommodate guests for breakfast and afternoon social hour. This will also allow special meals at Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holidays along with small receptions and gatherings.
- Expanding the size of the pool deck to improve the experience, and to accommodate the increased number of guests.
- Adding bathrooms at the pool area.
- Adding a circular drive, creating a complete loop for guests to easily arrive and depart.
- Adding a beautiful Garden House to provide guests with a comfortable seating area with fireplace.
- Adding eight additional luxury guestrooms in a building similar to the Courtyard Building. This will be behind the new Garden House, will have balconies looking out over the woods, and will be connected to the existing buildings via a covered walkway and elevator.